72" HALLDEN FLYING SHEAR CUT TO LENGTH LINE (USED)
Type #55 Hallden Automatic Flattening and Cutting Machine, equipped
with a Rocker type of Guillotine Flying Shear, suitable to take metal from
coil, flatten same and cut it accurately into pre-determined lengths.
• This unit is a Rocker Guillotine type of design, constructed of steel
casings. THE ENTIRE SHEAR HEAD ASSEMBLY IS MOUNTED
ON HEAVY DUTY ROLLER BEARINGS. Standard type of shear
knives are used. Each blade having four cutting edges, and the top
and bottom blades being inter-changeable. One pair of shear blades is
furnished with the machine.
• A ten roll Flattener, with two pair of pinch rolls. Center to center of
Flattening rolls: 4-1/2". Diameter of Flattening rolls: 4-3/8". Face
of rolls: 72". The rolls are constructed of an alloy steel, hardened
and ground to a Scleroscope of between 90 and 95. 'The rolls are
driven by couplings from a Single helical Gear box.
GEAR BOX DRIVE FOR ROLL STAND:
• Designed with single helical, 23 degree gears, mounted on Timken
• The pre-determined length may be obtained by turning a crank,
which moves the indicator on a scale to the desired point. The length
may be changed while the machine is in operation. The load,
temperature, or speed of the machine will not effect the accuracy of
• 1-1/2" x 4-1/2" x 72".
• The machine is designed to cut the metal into any length to an
accuracy of 1/32".
• All Main Drive Gears are totally enclosed in Gear Housings, forced
feed lubricated and mounted on anti-friction bearings.
• All gears are constructed of a special alloy steel, heat-treated to a
proper degree of hardness. All fast running gears are either single
helical or double helical.
• Maximum gauge on high tensile aluminum: .064".
• Minimum length: 30". Maximum length: 35'.
• Constructed of welded steel
• Welded steel and Farrel-Birmingham's "Meehanite" castings.
• Forced oil lubrication is used wherever possible, all other bearings
are lubricated with a Centralized Manual Oiling System.
• The machine will be fitted with Fast type of Couplings.
• The machine is designed for any speed from 100 ft. to 300 ft. per
• The Roll Stand is to be fitted with Alcoa type of Buffs, the same as
furnished on previous Shears both for Alcoa and Edgewater.
• About 85,000 pounds.
• One 100 H.P. motor, 400 to 1200 RPM.
• One 2 H.P. motor, constant speed, for oil pump.
• Avtron model ADVANTAGE 32 DC drive system, 100 H.P., 230
VDC., consisting of:
• 1 - 175 KV A isolation transformer.
• 1 - Model # DC0550-4BNO-C SCR controller.
• 1 - lEC rated single pole contractor.